Development Strategy & Pipeline
Unibail-Rodamco develops prime shopping centres and office projects in capital cities in its current European markets, targeting for the best environmental certifications.The Group has a €7.0 Bn pipeline across Europe that is managed by the Group's regional development teams. These professionals are close to the field and look for new opportunities as well as monitor the projects currently under development to deliver the assets in the best timing and with the best returns.
Worldwide renown architects design Unibail-Rodamco's assets are currently working on its development portfolio:
- Herzog and de Meuron on Triangle Tower
- Thom Mayne on Phare Tower
- Jean-Paul Viguier on Lyon Confluence and Majunga Tower
- Philippe Chiambaretta on Aéroville Shopping Centre.
Development pipeline by phase as of December 31, 2012
Development pipeline by category as of December 31, 2012
- Committed projects: projects currently under construction, for which Unibail-Rodamco owns the land or the building rights and has obtained all necessary administrative authorisations and permits
- Controlled projects: projects in an advanced stage of studies, for which Unibail-Rodamco controls the land or the building rights, but where all administrative authorisations are not obtained yet
- Secured exclusivity projects: projects for which Unibail-Rodamco has the exclusivity and controls the land but where negotiations for building rights or project definition are still underway.
Unibail-Rodamco is a developer since 20 years with a strong track record in delivering prime assets :
- Confluence shopping centre in Lyon
- El Faro shopping centre in Badajoz
- So Ouest shopping centre in Paris region
- Bonaire renovation in Valencia
- Maquinista ext/renovation in Barcelona
- Donauzentrum renovation in Vienna
Unibail-Rodamco conceive its projects for them to be the most efficient economically and environmentally. As a result, the Group was awarded with the first BREEAM Excellent certification for retail for So Ouest Shopping Centre and the first Very Good BREEAM certification for offices with Tour Oxygen in France.